Trying to find the information you need to code correctly and understand complicated regulatory information is cumbersome and time consuming—especially when you have to sift through multiple government sites.
MedicalReferenceEngine.com compiles thousands of Medicare documents, local and national Medicare policy information and dozens of Optum reference books into one searchable database. Its enhanced search capabilities as well as sophisticated filters and cross-indexed search results means you can navigate the application with ease and:
- Reduce research time and enhance productivity
- Conduct searches across multiple sources in a single location
- Maintain compliance with access to up-to-date rules and regulations
- Stay on top of important changes with customized email alerts
Already purchased? Sign into MedicalReferenceEngine.com.
- Quick and easy to use. With links to public information and proprietary Optum content, all the critical information you need is consolidated into one comprehensive tool, so you find what you need, faster.
- Powerful code lookup tools. The Optum CodeLogicTM Search Engine allows you to search across all three code sets simultaneously by code, keyword, acronym, and abbreviation.
- Robust Medicare content. Find answers to your Medicare-related questions with MedicalReferenceEngine.com’s robust library. Get online access to Medicare transmittals, press releases, Pub. 100. In addition, search LCD/NCD policies for code combinations for medical necessity edits for all Medicare contractors to facilitate complete and clean claim submission and timely reimbursement.
- Flexible customization options. Customize MedicalReferenceEngine.com to meet your needs. Set bookmarks to easily locate previously viewed documents, save searches to quickly repeat frequently performed searches, and create multiple search preferences to easily toggle between search criteria when working on multiple projects.
- Access to forms and fee schedules. Using the right form is imperative to reimbursement. With MedicalReferenceEngine.com, you can access commonly used Medicare fee schedules and Optum forms, templates, and checklists with the click of a mouse.
- Stay on top of important changes and new regulations with customized email notification alerts. There is no need to monitor websites for new information; just tell us which items you are interested in, and we will send you e-mail updates daily or weekly, depending on your preferences.
- Connect seamlessly with other Optum online coding tools. MedicalReferenceEngine.com is integrated with EncoderPro.com and RevenueCyclePro.com. With one login, you'll be able to access all of these applications seamlessly.
- ICD-10-CM Coding Handbook – Users now have access to the highly anticipated Optum publication, ICD-10 Essentials: Determining the Diagnosis. Hundreds of coding examples/case studies illustrating application of each ICD-10-CM convention and guideline are provided with rationale for each.
- Local News - Users now have the ability to add items of interest that only your organization can see.
- RVU Information - Users now have the ability to view RVU data on the Code Detail page. With this addition, users can access the code detail page by the code or the RVU icon from the Code Range page.
- Search State Medicaid Content. Medicaid content now available for some states, in addition to Optum and Medicare content. You can now search provider manuals, provider bulletins, fee schedules and forms from your state’s Medicaid agency, making MedicalReferenceEngine.com a true one-stop resource.
- Add-on: Medicaid All-States – Item #WA28
- Add-on: Medicaid Single State – Item #WA29
Search all of these content sources from MedicalReferenceEngine.com:
Medicare and Medicaid:
- CMS Transmittals
- OIG Workplan
- Advisory Opinions
- Fraud Alerts
- MLN Matters
- Proposed and Final Rules
- CMS Pub. 100
- RAC Audit
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Fee Schedules
- LCD/NCD Policies
- Internet-Only Manuals
- CMS Press Releases
- Select State Medicaid Information
- And more
Optum Hospital and Post-acute:
- Optum Post-acute Library
- Uniform Billing Expert
- DRG Expert
- DRG Trees: ICD-10-CM
- DRG Desk Reference
- MDC Optimizing Tips
Optum Coding Guides:
- Clinical Documentation Guidelines
- Coders’ Dictionary
- Coders’ Desk Reference for Diagnosis
- Coders’ Desk Reference for HCPCS Level II
- Coders’ Desk Reference for ICD-10-PCS
- Coders’ Desk Reference for Procedures
- Optum Interventional Radiology Guide
- Risk Adjustment Coding and HCC Guide
- Evaluation & Management Coding Advisor
- Comparison of Medical and Surgical Root Operations
- Components of the Medical and Surgical Approach
- Detailed ICD-10-PCS appendices
- ICD-10 Essentials: Applying ICD-10-CM Guidelines
- ICD-10-CM Clinical Documentation Improvement
- ICD-9-CM Volumes 1, 2 & 3
The price of MedicalReferenceEngine.com does not include add-ons. Add-ons sold separately.
- AHA Coding Clinic® for HCPCS Add-on (Items WA03 & WA03C)
- AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD Add-on (Items WA02 & WA02C)
- The AMA CPT® Content Module Add-on (Item WA34)
- Total CPT® Add-on (Item WA37)
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Add-on (Item WA35)
- Dr. Z’s Medical Coding Series: Interventional Radiology Add-on (Items WA30 & WA31)
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.