2023 CPT® Professional (Spiral)
American Medical Association | 2023
2023 CPT® Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help healthcare professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. Healthcare professionals want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2023 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the healthcare community, creates and maintains the CPT® code set. No other codebook has the accurate, complete official guidelines for the latest and current procedural terminology for procedures and services to help you code medical services and procedures properly. The AMA also takes the copyright protection of its content very seriously and is committed to providing the most effective anti-piracy efforts for its authors and readers.
The CPT® 2023 Professional Edition codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes and features:
• CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations. Provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT® code set.
• A comprehensive index. Gives aid in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
• Anatomical and procedural illustrations. Helps improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures discussed
• Coding tips throughout each section. Improve understanding of the nuances of the code set.
• Enhanced codebook table of contents. Enables a quick search of the codebook’s content for quick access.
• Section-specific table of contents. Provides a useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each section’s codes.
• Summary of additions, deletions and revisions. Provides a summary and quick reference of the 2023 changes in the codes without having to compare editions.
• Multiple appendices. Offers additional information for modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families re-sequenced codes, and MAAAs and PLA services.
• Comprehensive E/M code selection tables. Aids physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
• Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.