2022 Auditors’ Desk Reference
Optum360 | 2022 |
• Optum360 Edge—Get online access to customizable audit worksheets. Protect your revenue critical services and procedures.
• Expanded office and other outpatient E/M services (99202-99215) section. Keep up to date on the new reporting guidelines.
• Conduct skilled internal audits. Ensure proper reimbursement.
• Differentiate between similar procedures. Compare and contrast seemingly similar, but different, procedures.
• Completely updated for 2022 code set and regulatory changes.
• Increase revenue. Learn the appropriate way to report telehealth services.
• Provides coders with an auditor’s perspective. Know the clinical detail, regulatory instructions, and coding best practices needed for code assignment.
• Know what information needs to be in the medical record and on the claim form to capture appropriate reimbursement.
• Know the key terms that need to be mentioned in the medical record to support code assignment.
• See the medical conditions that are indicated for diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical purposes.
• Gain valuable code intelligence. Confirm correct code assignment.
• Train your staff. This resource is thorough and can easily be used to train staff how to assign codes appropriately.
• Correct modifier assignment. Modifier decision-making trees assist with assigning correct modifiers.
• Supports best practices.
Nichole VanHorn, CPC, CCS-P
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.