2022 DRG Desk Reference (ICD-10-CM)
Optum360 | 2022 |
With the implementation of ICD-10 codes in October 2015, the 2022 DRG Desk Reference (ICD-10-CM) gives access to crucial information to improve MS-DRG assignment practices, guidance on how to accurately assign DRGs under the MS-DRG system, and focuses on the Optimizing section of the DRG Desk Reference based on ICD-10 codes.
The DRG Desk Reference (ICD-10-CM) is designed to work hand-in-hand with DRG Expert and the Guide to Clinical Validation, Documentation and Coding, which is the clinical section from the DRG Desk Reference based on ICD-10 codes. This product is needed to answer all your DRG questions for all inpatient stays starting after October 1, 2021, as those claims will use the MS-DRG methodology based on ICD-10-CM.
• Most commonly missed CC and MCC references. Perform accurate audits by knowing the most commonly missed CCs in the medical record.
• ICD-10-CM codes for common diagnoses and procedures. Quickly identify the key diagnosis or procedure by ICD-10-CM code.
• Case mix index section. Discusses the importance of calculating and tracking case mix on a regular basis as well as tips for documenting case mix index changes and their causes.
• Complete CC and MCC list. Know how codes considered MCCs and CCs will affect DRG assignment—helping to legitimately improve reimbursement.
• Relative weights of every valid DRG. A quick reference of the relative weights of all DRGs presented as options for optimizing.
• List of ICD-10 codes driving MS-DRG assignment.
Karen Krawzik, RHIT, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.